Before Intravenous General Anesthesia, Pasadena, CA
Preparation Before General Anesthesia
- You should not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to your appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking three months prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and then drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures general should be removed prior or at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify our office.
Generally, you should continue to take your routine medications before your procedure IE) hypertension and cardiac medications. If you take medications for diabetes please check with Drs. Elias, Jun, Stephens or Verratti prior to your surgical date for instructions.
We are currently accepting new patients and would love to help you take your smile to the next level. Call The Pacific Coast Center for Oral, Facial and Cosmetic Surgery, Pasadena office Phone Number 626-440-0099 or complete our Contact Form to request an appointment.