Meet Dr. Stephens
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in Pasadena
W. FREDERICK STEPHENS, D.D.S., F.A.C.D.
Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Honors Graduate and Advanced Training
Dr. Stephens was born and raised in an Idaho farming community and later moved with his family to Seattle, Washington. He attended the University of Washington, completing an undergraduate degree in Zoology and subsequently graduated with honors from the University of Washington School of Dentistry.
Dr. Stephens then was accepted to one of the premiere Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery training programs in the country, the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Memorial and affiliated hospitals in Dallas, Texas. Here, he completed both an Anesthesia Residency and a Surgical Residency with special concentration in orthognathic and facial reconstructive surgery, temporomandibular joint surgery, and all aspects of maxillofacial trauma.
Upon completion of his residency training, Dr. Stephens began private practice in Dallas, Texas. Four years later, he and his wife relocated to Southern California and subsequently opened offices in the communities of South Pasadena, Arcadia, and La Canada. After building his practice in both the San Gabriel and San Fernando Valleys, he ultimately established The Pacific Coast Center for Oral, Facial and Cosmetic Surgery in 1999 as the next and highest generation of his practice. Combined with a highly qualified staff, The Pacific Coast Center for Oral, Facial and Cosmetic Surgery provides a complete scope of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery services.
Reviews On Google
Leave Us A Google
We are currently accepting new patients and would love to help you take your smile to the next level. Call The Pacific Coast Center for Oral, Facial and Cosmetic Surgery, Pasadena office Phone Number 626-440-0099 or complete our Contact Form to request an appointment.
Dr. Stephens is board certified and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is also a fellow or member of over 20 professional organizations including:
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS)
- Fellow, International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS)
- Fellow, American College of Dentists (F.A.C.D.)
- Fellow, Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow & Past President, California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CALAOMS)
- Fellow, Southern California Academy of Oral Pathology
- Fellow, American College of Oral Implantologist
- Fellow, American Society of Osseointegration
- Member, American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists
- Member, American Sleep Disorders Association
- Member, California Dental Association
- Member & Past President, San Gabriel Valley Dental Society
- Member, International Association of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Dental Anesthesiologist
- Member, American Sleep Disorders Association
- Member, California Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons
- Member, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Dr. Stephens has over 30 years of surgical experience and is active as a leader in the specialty at a state and national level. He is a Fellow & Past President of the California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (CALAOMS) and is a Past Chairman of the Council of Professional Conduct for The American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS). Dr. Stephens also serves on the examination committee for the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS) as an examiner.
Dental Implant Educator / Study Group Founder And Director
Dr. Stephens has been involved in Dental Implant reconstruction for over 30 years and has extensive experience treating all types of implant cases. Dr. Stephens is also the founder and director of the San Gabriel Valley Implant Study and Treatment Planning Group (est. 1992). This benefits our patients with advanced committee treatment planning by various dental specialists and provides them with the most consistent and up-to-date implant care possible.
Scope of Practice
Dr. Stephens practices a full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery which includes orthognathic and facial reconstructive surgery, dental implant reconstruction, temporomandibular joint surgery, corrective surgery for obstructive sleep disorders, and oral & maxillofacial trauma surgery.
Over the years, thousands of patients have turned to Dr. Stephens as their Oral and Maxillofacial expert. A member or fellow of some of the most prestigious professional associations, Dr. Stephens puts his training, experience, and expertise to work for you and your family.