Oral Surgery & Dental Implants, Pasadena, CA
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, W. Frederick Stephens, D.D.S.
Dr. W. Frederick Stephens practices the full scope of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, which includes all surgical aspects of dental implant reconstruction, orthognathic and facial reconstructive surgery, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) therapy and surgery, corrective surgery for obstructive sleep disorders (snoring and obstructive sleep apnea), oro-facial pathology, and maxillofacial trauma surgery. Dr. Stephens along with The Pacific Coast Center for Oral & Facial Surgery, combine their training, experience, and most importantly judgment, to provide you with some of the finest and most leading edge care available. In addition, our highly trained and seasoned staff, round out your care to make your experience in our office comfortable, caring, and efficient.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
The dental specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery encompasses the art and science of the diagnosis, surgical and related treatment of diseases, injuries, deformities, defects, and esthetic aspects of the oral and maxillofacial area. The word “maxillofacial” refers to the jaws and face.
The scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is actually quite broad and includes the following:
- Removal of diseased, malpositioned and impacted teeth
- In-office anesthesia management and general anesthesia
- Dental Implant reconstruction & bone grafting
- Correction of Dentofacial (bite & facial) Deformities
- Reconstructive jaw and facial surgery
Dental Implant Reconstruction
Dental Implants are changing the way people live. They are designed and proven to provide a long term foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. Any person who has lost teeth can now regain the ability to eat virtually anything, knowing that their teeth appear natural and that facial contours and bone will be preserved. Patients with dental implants can smile and chew with comfort and confidence.
Dr. Stephens and The Pacific Coast Center for Oral & Facial Surgery are heavily involved with this important aspect of patient care. Dr. Stephens has over 30 years of experience in dental implant reconstruction. Acting as a team with your personal general restorative dentist or prosthodontist, we provide a full scope of dental implant care including:
- Grafting with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Grafting with human recombinant bone morphogenic proteins (rhBMP-2)
- Grafting with autogenous stem cells and other tissue growth factors
- Distraction osteogenesis bone regeneration
- Expertise in zygoma (NobelBiocare) implant systems
- Local or general anesthesia for your comfort